Monday, March 25, 2013

Pottery update: Feb 2013 batch

Here is some pottery I made back at the end of Feb. Had to wait to fire them. Experiments with different glaze and surface techniques.


Sun Splotch Pot Planter Trinket Dish

Etsy Listing

Best of the batch, a little pot that would be good for a small plant or trinkets.




















Jug Vase

Etsy Listing

A little jug inspired vase, minus handle. I really love the glaze blend here, and the surface experimentation. I intentionally left edges resisted to give a melted appearance.

























Potion Bottle Vase

Etsy Listing

A little potion bottle. The glaze effect on this one is very neat in person. The colors remind me of some sort of plant leaf.

























Tiny Vase

Etsy Listing

Another tiny test vase with glaze layering. It had an accident in the kiln, but rather than scrap the piece I cleaned it up as best I could and smoothed the edges. The unglazed edge adds the interesting texture of the exposed clay.
























All of them are for sale, listed on my Etsy shop.  More coming later.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment