Thursday, March 14, 2013

Mike's getting laid off from his job

After a meeting this morning, it's pretty much confirmed that with Mayo having another hire freeze and unable to extend Mike's contract because he's been there 2yrs, he's done at the end of the month and they're laying him off. He should be able to get unemployment, but it won't be enough for us to survive on. We're already struggling with his being the only income right now, since the social aid denied renewing my unemployment because I didn't make $2,500 on any jobs while on unemployment.... yeah, that makes a lot of sense. So unless I find a way to start making more steady income off my art and design work and such, or someone finally decides to hire me, we're screwed and I am spiraling back into bad mental space. My optimism has just about run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment