Monday, July 29, 2013

The State Of Things

There hasn’t been much nice to say, which is why I haven’t said anything at all. I haven’t had the heart to reply to much, and for that I’m sorry. I do read, and I do care. Just when my mental state goes where it is right now, it’s best I remain silent and watch.

I’m so sadly disappointed in my art and creative abilities at this point, that the more I think about it, the more I am considering selling off all of my art supplies… all the gemstones and beads and findings I have collected over the years, all the clay and sculpting mediums, all of my fur/hide/bone materials, fabrics, everything.

Just to try and get the money we need, now more than ever. All the majority of it is doing is sitting in supply bins waiting to be used, but due to lack of interest it keeps waiting and collecting dust. I just keep looking at it all thinking of how bad we need the money, and knowing most of it would easily sell and bring in a nice chunk of cash.


When we moved to Minnesota, there were numerous job opportunities. Sadly the employers we came here for keep putting hire freezes in place and laying people off, so the higher paying jobs we need and have the skills for are not available.

You simply cannot survive on minimum wage anymore, with the way cost of living has skyrocketed over the years. Our current situation is proof of that. As soon as we got laid off our Mayo contract jobs, everything went downhill again.

If things do not improve within the next few months, we won’t be staying in Minnesota.  I hate to say that because we have met so many wonderful people, been exposed to so many amazing opportunities and local communities and groups, have access to beautiful wilderness and to so many things we love.


But as for a means to support ourselves and be able to pay our bills, there is nothing left for us here. We’ll probably have to move back to the East coast and stay with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment