Monday, July 8, 2013

Gnostic Reflection


The spirit world is all around us, within us. It exists just beyond the physical realm, through the veil. Ever present, yet unseen by most. Some have the ability to look beyond the surface.


===

This is one of the big traditional media pieces I was working on.


A commission for my friend Kyle, of his wolf self wandering the southern swamps and marshes.


This is the detailed line art.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
There is a lot of different meaning and symbology in this piece. I tried my best to make it a blend of physical and spiritual essence that exists in everything, and to express the subtle shift between these things.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Then I took it a step further. I made it GLOW!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It can also be viewed in my galleries at DA and FA.

No comments:

Post a Comment