Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Art Challenge

I am trying to step outside of my comfort zone and experiment with new art and learning new techniques. I need to improve on certain skills. I want to be able to better translate anatomy to my work, and draw better what I see in my mind's eye when I imagine wonderful things. More dynamic poses and capture of physical interaction.  I want to learn better digital art techniques and approaches for painting and different coloring and texture styles.
Any recommendations for reading or good tutorials is welcome, or if any fellow artists might be inclined to let me watch them work or let me pick their brains one on one, especially in reference to better using the graphics programs I have, that would be very kind.  Streaming art seems to have become very popular, and is something else I am very interested in.

I also need examples of work for commission references and such.

It means a lot of practicing and drawing, and that's where I need some help.
I have a wild and vivid imagination, but I'd love to hear from other people, what you might like to see me try and draw.

It would help greatly to have people respond with a comment for something random for art inspiration. You can also email me at leopardwolf@gmail.com with the info, if you'd rather. Just put "Art Challenge" or something else obvious as the subject.

Just a short description - "A dinosaur drinking tea", "A mountain climbing critter", "X Y Z eating ice cream at the park", or something similar.

I am even inclined to welcome you to link references to your avatars / characters, and a theme or scene you might like to see them in.
At this time I would rather focus on living creatures and organic things, real or imagined.

I plan to try everything from icon size, up through things that may later develop into art depicting characters and scenery in full detail.  It may be traditional art, it may be digital art, or it may be both.

I make no promises to draw everything that is suggested. I make no promises to offer any estimation in completing such things. I may mix and match suggestions, depending on how they inspire me. I may take a suggestion and run wild and elaborately with it, or I may not.
This will be random creative process in between other art projects and commissions.
If you like the things I come up with, and wish to help by supporting my artistic efforts, tips / donations are always greatly appreciated and can be accepted via PayPal ( leopardwolf@gmail.com ). It helps me pay bills and afford my art supplies so I can keep making neat things.
Off I go to draw!

No comments:

Post a Comment