Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Still Alive. Oral Surgery Completed.


Surgery went well. Insanely sore, can't talk and mind foggy from anesthesia and narco pain meds.  Took forever to coherently type this. I had a weird mild nosebleed, then pain response while trying to clear/clean nose from pressure on jaw. Pain triggered pre-syncope episode, full tunnel vision and hr/bp went crazy (hadn't had med that controls it for over 10hrs and that's what happens). This happened just before they were letting me leave, so they kept me an hour longer to monitor everything and be sure I was okay.

Mike stayed with Ember in waiting area then they came back pre-op and after recovery post-op. They were both amazing and helpful. Ember sensed my pain after surgery and kept trying to alert because I was pre-syncope and had not had my meds, and had to wait till the hospital finished that last hour of monitoring to take them.

HUGE thank you to the kind generous wonderfully amazing people who donated, purchased my art and creative things, commissioned me for art, and helped spread the word to help with these medical expenses. You all made this possible and I can't thank you enough.

I will be reaching out to those who I have contact info for, to try and thank personally now that I *finally* had the surgery done and can share the good news. If for some reason anyone is accidentally missed ( going through old emails and posts to try and contact ), hoping everyone will see this post and know how thankful I am.

Link me to anything I missed that you might want me to read or see, or email me about it.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment