Friday, April 26, 2013

Meat Paste



Mike has been extremely helpful since my surgery, driving me around since I can't drive myself yet, and going to the grocery store to scour the store shelves for anything I can actually *easily* eat.

When you have oral surgery like the kind I had, you end up with a lot of swelling, bleeding, and difficulty moving your mouth/jaw for several days. You are told to eat a soft, bland diet. Since you can't really open your mouth or chew, and are not allowed to sip or suck through a straw, it's a challenge to eat... anything.
Yogurt, pudding, Jello, ice cream, and similar near liquid or soft things get old real quick. Crushed ramen soup noodles were the next step up, swallowing everything whole.
We were brainstorming trying to figure what else I could eat, and in my medicated stupor I babbled "meat paste" as something he should hunt for on our latest shopping run, as more of a joke than anything else.
To our amusement, he actually did manage to find meat paste.
Upon presenting it to me he proudly proclaimed "It has devils on it, so it must be good."
I haven't tried it yet, and not so sure I want to.



No comments:

Post a Comment