Saturday, January 17, 2015

Two 911 Calls In One Day

I had to call 911 twice today.  Once to report a brush fire on the side of the interstate in Slidell as we headed to the farm. Then again just now coming home to report an accident we were almost involved in. Damned I-10/610 road split.  At least 6 cars I think, two separate accidents domino effect.  It happened just ahead of us. Just saw swerving cars and break lights and traffic coming to a sudden halt. I was afraid to stop and risk making it worse because idiots were still flying down the highway toward where it happened even with all of us throwing on our emergency flashers and a semi trying to block the lanes and slow people as we passed.  I called 911 because it literally just happened and I doubt anyone involved in the crash was coherent enough to have dialed, didn't see any of them with their phones in hand yet. Two cars were smashed and totaled and spun around facing the wrong way on the road. I heard people screaming and crying. I really, really hope no one was seriously injured. Thanking the gods we stopped in Slidell for Starbucks before heading back across the lake and that there was a delay with them making my coffee. Otherwise we would have likely been involved in that accident. Adrenaline is still pumping.

No comments:

Post a Comment