Sunday, January 18, 2015

I'm Not Allergic To Death!



In relation to my previous post about zoanthids / palythoa and palytoxins in saltwater aquariums.  Conversation between me and Mike.



Me:
    Did your mother or Frank ever say anything about that saltwater tank thing with the zoanthids?

 Mike:
    Mom sent it to Frank, I think Frank just shrugged it off.

 Me:
    Of course he did, because he knows everything.

 Mike:
    Indeed.

Me:
    Well, if he ever decides to boil stuff from his tank to remove those things, take yourself, Ember, and Ranger, and leave. Haha.

 Mike:
    Yeah
    He was like, it's only if you're allergic to them, and I was like, no, it's not.
    What part of 'Second deadliest poison in the world' did you not comprehend?

 Me:
    Ughghg yeah. It can happen to anyone. Allergies or not.
    Allergies will just make it worse.

 Mike:
    Yeah, cyanide will only kill you if you're allergic to it.

 Me:
    LOL!  You totally should have said that to him.

 Mike:
    It's time to release the deadly neurotoxin.
    But it's okay, you're safe if you're not allergic.

 Me:
    ::Giggles hard::

 Mike:
    Sarin gas?  I'm not allergic, I'm good.
    I'm pretty sure everyone is allergic to death.

 Me:
    Ahhh GLaDOS would be sad to find out Chell was not allergic, in that case.

 Mike:
    That's how she lived.

 Me:
    Truth!

 Mike:
    Radiation will only hurt you if you're allergic.
    Ask the Twins.

 Me:
    That stuff literally inhibits stuff on a cellular level, with sodium-potassium ATPase pumps and causing a disruption of the flow in and out of cell to where it free flows both ways which = no neuron or muscle function. Which in worst case means your lungs and your heart don't function like they should. So unless you are not allergic to that...yeah. :-P

 Mike:
    I'm not allergic to cellular-level failure.

 Me:
    Ignorance is bliss?
    Until you die. Then it sucks.

Mike:
    I'm not allergic to death!

 Me:
    So either you are a vampire, or a zombie?

Mike:
    I think I'd rather be a zombie.

No comments:

Post a Comment