Thursday, January 8, 2015

Blue Tube

I finally got the new compound cream my rheumatologist wants me to try in place of the corticosteroid shot. It had to be made by a local specialty pharmacy and shipped to me. It's in this amusing little blue pump tube. You can see one of my awesome random little blood blisters and split skin too.



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I tried it tonight, and I'm not sure what to think. Most topical creams I have used have menthol or camphor, so you feel them as soon as they go to town. However when I applied this stuff, I didn't feel anything but the sensation of eww on my skin. It has a watery cream gross texture ( why do all my new skin medications treat me this way? ) that feels weird when applying and a little goes a long way it seems.
Even though I didn't feel anything, it did seem to lessen the discomfort in my wrist and in my neck/shoulder area when I applied it. But I had also recently taken Aleve, so that may be why. Either way, didn't last long. Doctor said I'd probably have to try it for a week or so to see any therepudic results. Greaaaat. Let me smear gross on myself for a week and hope it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment