Thursday, May 8, 2014

Missing Medical Records

In the process of trying to get copies of my vast medical history back through 2005, I found that the private primary care clinic I went to when I first moved to Rochester ended up closing because the doctor passed away. This news saddened me because he was a good man and really nice and had a good sense of humor. The downside now is I have no means of contacting anyone else I saw at the clinic because I don't know where they ended up. Mayo acquired all of their patient records, and it was through them I made the request recently because some of the most important documents I need for my upcoming court stuff, that clinic had, including info related to FMLA coordinating they helped me with multiple times.

I got the CD that should have had the records on file from Mayo today ( thank you again so much Ashley for going there in person for me to get it and mail it so it would get here in time ), only to find it is only 38 pages long of "med chart" stuff, most of it you can hardly read, and none of the stuff I was expecting or actually needing.

My medical record with that clinic the last time I physically saw it, was upwards of 3 inches thick with all the various medical notes, paperwork, etc that it contained. Maybe Mayo only copied the chart info since my request was time sensitive, despite the fact I made it very clear I needed the entire patient record including those notes and FMLA related stuff.

If Mayo doesn't have all those files, I have no god damned clue what happened to them, and it is going to piss me off if they just got dumped for some reason as "irrelevant" or whatever, because they are supposed to keep records like that for 6yrs or longer.

I am worried now even if they do go look specifically for anything of that nature to make a new CD to send me, unless it all happens tomorrow, and I have someone go by Mayo and pick it up and mail it Priority, it won't make it here in time for the court thing next week. Because of the weekend changing the way the mail will process. Which means possibly having to have someone overnight it and pay a small fortune to do so.

I feel like crying over the whole situation. For once it would be nice if things would just work out smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment