Friday, March 28, 2014

Attic Cleaning Turns Flashback Friday

I moved some stuff into the attic and organized stuff that was already up there to make room. Sore and exhausted, but it was worth it. I found some boxes containing stuff from school days that mom had apparently brought over here without me knowing and put in my aunt's attic. I decided to take a look to see what was there. Some of it old art and stuff which made me go "awwww".

In one box I found an amazing surprise. . . all of the composition notebooks that I used in junior high to write bizarre fan fiction crossover stories in!  They weren't all lost in Hurricane Katrina like I always thought!!  I took a few minutes to look through them, and ooohhh the memories!  Even markers where friends had been reading as I wrote each chapter.  The writing was horrible compared to what I can do today, but wow. Now to decide if I really want to transfer it all to electronic form as I had always planned to do, give it a serious facelift, and publish it somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment