Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Medicine blurt

Apologies to anyone if I seem out of it or overtly snarky or emotional in any way. I had to half my dose of Cymbalta ( SSNRI ) and I am in a lot of pain. I am almost out of the supply I had, and I don't have $500 to refill my prescription for another month's supply. So I am trying to make it last as long as I can.

Since we were forced to move I lost the MN state health coverage I had that was helping pay for the prescription, and haven't been approved for any state medical aid or anything here yet. I sent a request to the pharmaceutical company for their "help affording medicine program", but that normally takes over a month to process and ship if approved, and by then I'll have long since run out.
Cymbalta works through accumulation over time. The reduced amount of medicine in my system means it is not effectively controlling my symptoms. My Fimbromyalgia and facial nerve pain are coming on strong, so if I seem a little miserable, that's why.

No comments:

Post a Comment