Thursday, June 27, 2013

Dreams dashed

Here, but not here. Kept to myself to sort out negativity that has been gnawing at me and smothering my will. Struggling with conflicting thoughts over many aspects of many things. Some thoughts darker, questioning life and my inadequacies. Wishing some things were different. Thinking back to better days. Childhood memories and dreams of great things and a bright future. Falling short, it all fell apart. Never to be made whole again.

The dreams I held on to for so many years. I still dream of the wonders, but I have come to accept most of them will never come true, no matter how hard I try or how much I believe in them or believe in myself. The determining factors of them becoming a reality are out of my control.
It's a harsh reality for a dreamer not of this world. But I keep dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment