Monday, December 17, 2012

Oral Surgery Update 1 - HUGE THANK YOU

I was away for the weekend, so I didn't have a chance to write until now. I wanted to extend a HUGE HUGE thank you to Swandog & Sayh, Wertle, Ashes-Sona, Caine, PickledGinger, Dogsoul, and others I may have missed for re-posting and spreading word about my situation and how badly I needed help to afford the oral surgery.  Huge thanks to the many people across the art communities on DevArt, FA, and beyond who have stepped forward to help during my time of medical need. Your outpouring of support and generosity has had me in tears. I had honestly given up hope. But thanks to the people who have purchased arts and crafts from me, and people who were kind and generous enough to donate, you all have helped raise $750 to go toward paying the $1,151 balance with Mayo so that they'll allow me to have this oral surgery procedure done. I only need another $400 to pay it off completely. I am still waiting to hear back from Mayo's patient services and my dentist and the oral surgeon on the referral.

A little more good news is that I *FINALLY* got a notice from the state services that supposedly I was approved for some sort of medical coverage they offer. I am not sure which one it is, or how much it will cover if anything at all. I am praying it will cover a portion of whatever this oral surgery will cost. I spoke with them and they said I should be getting an info packet in the mail that I need to fill out and return. I am really hoping it comes today. It's so frustrating it can't just be done over the phone or online so I can just get the much needed relief from these damned teeth. I'm near ready to take a pair of pliers to the damned things. I am almost out of antibiotics and Vicoprofen, and I am not sure if they'll give me refills. But with the holiday so close, and Mayo being notoriously slow at *everything*, I doubt I am getting in to see anyone before Christmas.

I have a lot of catching up to do, orders to mail, and a lot of people to contact and thank. I will be trying to do so for everyone who helped and offered well wishes, but I only have email notices and comment notices to go by, so if I somehow miss anyone I am sorry. Please know that I am extremely thankful for all of the help from all of you.  I would like to show my thanks by offering some form of art to those who donated and didn't buy anything. It may not be until after the holidays that I can make the art, but I will be trying to contact you all to thank you personally.

Every little bit really can make a difference. I will post further updates as I know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment