Saturday, December 8, 2012

Dental Update, Fender Benders, Art Show

Crazy past few days. Thank you to Sy, Mark, and Synn for your help, it means a lot to me. Thursday Ember and I spent the afternoon talking dog geekery and other things with a friend. Friday I was able to see my dentist and get antibiotics and Vicoprofen. Since her building is under construction, she referred me to an oral surgeon, who I will see Monday. Hopefully they can do the needed work on site, but there is a chance they may have to send me to one of the local hospitals, which means it might be more expensive than originally anticipated. Not looking forward to it. Antibiotics and pain killers are helping, but make some of my autonomic symptoms worse.

We finally got snow last night. We also got rear-ended when we went out for a quick shopping run, idiot cut into our lane and we slowed down so they wouldn't hit us, and the woman behind us ran into us. Mike's car has scuffed paint on the back, but nothing else visibly wrong. We're still going to have it looked at to be safe.  Mike, Ember, and I are fine for the most part. He was sore last night from where the seatbelt jerked. I ended up somehow biting down/clenching my jaw with my bad teeth when it happened, and that hurt a ton. I have some stiffness in my neck and shoulders, but hard to say if it's related to that or not. We were both leaning forward in our seats trying to see the lines on the road through snow and watch the person who was cutting us off. Thankfully we were not going very fast, we'd been at a red light and just started to move when it turned green, when it happened.

Today I spent the day at the gallery helping a troupe of girl scouts who had come in to glaze some ceramics they made in the studio. Afterwards there was a nice artist's reception for the Fabrication's Nine art exhibit I'm participating in. I met a lot of really nice local artists, saw lots of really neat art, and there was a lot of good talk and good company. I wasn't sure I'd make the entire day when the pain kept acting up, but thanks to the Vicoprofen I made it! Ember was amazing. She lay quietly watching, occasionally wagging, the whole time the 30 or so girls sat around glazing ceramics. She was equally well behaved during the art exhibit. Many people were curious about her, and we answered many questions. Lots of compliments were offered. Overall it was a very nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment