Thursday, September 10, 2015

Journey Update, Search For Sparklies

Past week has been crazy. Computer problems. Desktop formatted ( finally! ugh ) and Win7 Pro installed. Been fighting with plethora of updates and reinstalling all of my programs and sorting through files.  Stuff with Journey's medical diagnostic still sinking in.  Tried to do some shopping runs without him.  So insanely exhausted afterwards I could hardly move and hurt worse than normal. Him pulling the cart helps so much.  Horribly tempted to keep working with him at least until I get approved for a new dog.  Maybe doing so infrequently would be okay, on days I really need it.

Like tomorrow. I had plans to go to the gem and jewelry show.  I haven't been in over 10yrs (since we weren't living here), and so I made plans before learning about Journey, to go.  My mom and aunt gave me a little spending money and Mike is giving me a little also, so I can pick up some much needed supplies at far cheaper prices than I would pay anywhere else.  I was hoping someone would come along with me, but everyone has to work or is otherwise indisposed. I know my limits, and I know I couldn't walk around the crowded convention center alone for that long, without risk of triggering a neurocardio attack.
So Journey is going with me tomorrow. He's been off duty for a week and can't understand why I keep going places without him.  It's normally better to ease them into retirement anyway, like I did with Ember.  As long as I don't do any full heavy weight bearing things with him ( which I never, ever have ) then it should be safe for us both on a limited basis.  Fingers crossed I hear back on these applications soon.
Anything special anyone wants me to look for at the gem and jewelry show?  Any specific gems, stones or colors or materials you'd like to see me work with?

No comments:

Post a Comment