Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Dog Stuff, Medical Stuff, Random Thoughts

I am so sore today after several days of physical work around the house/yard and shopping back to back. The rainy weather front moving through is aggravating my Fibro and sinus, but at least I got the shopping done. Thank goodness for EBT or I wouldn't have had any way to afford the groceries.
While Ember and I were out today, we had lots of curious people approach us to inquire about service dogs. They were all very polite and sincere, which is always refreshing. We stopped and chatted with one nice woman for a little while and I released Ember to say hello. The woman shared a very emotional story about one of her own dogs who crossed the rainbow bridge, and Ember sensed how upset she was and wanted to comfort her. Fuzzy therapy is the best kind.

Still waiting to hear back on whether or not I'll get Medicaid approval. It's really difficult because they put me on some offshot temporary thing that doesn't cover any of my medications. So we are still having to shell out over $300 a month for that. Never in the past have I had to wait this long to hear back on eligibility determination.

I have to see a new doctor yet again because this "coverage" they stuck me with isn't accepted by the place I first went to in New Orleans. I was supposed to go two weeks ago, but the freakish freezing weather here literally close everything down. I have a new appointment next week, and hopefully I can also get a referral to *finally* get my wrist looked at and x-rayed and hope this "coverage" actually covers the radiology. I am worried about copays for both. I am really, really missing Minnesota Care right now.  But my wrist is still bothering me, and while it is better than it was, there's no reason I should still be feeling these sharp stabbing pains and aching and have difficulty lifting and manipulating/turning things after this long.

I still haven't been able to properly sculpt or do fine detail jewelry because of the pain and my wrist locking up from the strain. About the only thing that has returned to fairly normal is typing ability. But lifting a gallon of milk or a grocery bag, and aaaangry. I have made the mistake of trying to hold Journey's leash with that hand without thinking on several occasions, and damn does that hurt when he decides to tug suddenly. Here's to hoping there's nothing seriously wrong with it, and that I won't end up needing surgery.
Update on Journey and his fundraiser, along with Wishlist will be posted sometime tomorrow afternoon or evening.

He has his next vet appointment and round of shots Wednesday, so I need to come up with $65 for that by then.
Back to work with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment