Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Topical medications are ewwwww

First night using the psoriasis medications.  Had to wait for family to help with $400 to get them, and needed to wait till my aunt was home in the unlikely event I had a reaction to them. I haaaate the sensation of having medicinal stuff ( lotion, sunscreen, pain relief creams, ointments, etc ) smeared on me. I got used to using certain lotions because they helped with dryness somewhat, and topical pain relief stuff for obvious reasons. These are thicker and while probably fairly odorless to most people, they have that funky medical cream smell to me. They take a few minutes to absorb into the skin, and adding one after the other is all eeewwww. I stood in front of the fan just to make it absorb faster. I don't think me overheating and sweating helped any either. But, it's done. And gross. I did an "omg icky sensation" dance and the animals just watched and laughed at me. I'll have to get used to it for now. Did I mention eeewwww?

No comments:

Post a Comment