Saturday, August 9, 2014

Psoriasis, Socializing

Saw a dermatologist today. It was confirmed, I do have psoriasis. Being an autoimmune skin disease, there is a good chance other stuff might be going on, even if it's not showing in the bloodwork. He wrote several prescriptions for different prescription creams and one for an oral antibiotic to try, but I have to wait because together the damned things cost $400.

Met some really nice people while grocery shopping and waiting for prescriptions. They were interested to know about Ember and service dogs because both the mother and the daughter have medical issues involving mobility problems, and the daughter is in a manual wheelchair and could use help to regain independence. They also shared interests in stones and jewelry, and the son shares similar spiritual views, so we stood around talking forever and shopped together while chatting, until her blood sugar got wonky and Ember started alerting to both of us feeling ill ( was time for my meds and I had some dizzy spells ), which they thought was amazingly awesome.

Also had a kindergarten teacher and her son stop us and politely ask if I wouldn't mind explaining what a service dog was and how different kinds helped people, so I gladly did. She thanked me and said she would share the information with her classes to help the children understand working dogs have important jobs. :)  I gave her a card with some info to check out.

Overall a decent day. Progress one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment