Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Passing Out Update

Doing okay since passing out earlier. It normally leaves me feeling weak and wobbly and highly disoriented and prone to falling or passing out again if I move to quick, too fast.

Sorry to worry anyone. I was more worried about "air from eye socket" than I was passing out. Spells of dizziness, episodes of stumbling and bumbling with balance, and white outs and black outs are actually pretty 'normal' to me these days.

Now that I can think more clearly, I wonder what caused it. I have had a sinus infection, but the worst is gone and I am starting to get rid of it. All I did was come in to blow my nose so I could breathe.

When I did, I felt a weird pressure and pressure-pain near top of nose, then felt air coming out of my eye socket, which freaked me out because I never had that happen, but looking in mirror could see 'wiggle' in skin where pressure was.


I pressed at it and there was a crunch/pressure pain/felt like something moved and that triggered me into tunnel vision and disorientation so bad I couldn't tell what was happening. I felt it coming on and knew what it was, tried to fight it off but couldn't.


Ember braced me so I could get to the floor safe without falling or hurting myself on any objects. I blacked out on the way down. Came too laying on my stomach with her against me and the cats hovering over me worriedly.

Ember would normally get help for me, but since I was home alone, all she could do was stay with me or get the phone or something. I had my cell on me so wasn't too worried.

Lay there for a while. If you try and get up again too soon, you just keep passing out. Best to lay down and equalize blood flow/pressure. Was very disoriented to begin with and makes it hard to think or speak clearly. Slowly sat upright and waited, eventually got into sitting position and waited again.

Finally managed to think clear enough to type that earlier message so Mike would know and nurse friends of mine might be able to calm my worry on the "air from eye socket" thing.

It occurred to me that this is the first sinus infection I had since my oral surgery.  Memory is fuzzy from that day, but I did have tunnel vision that day for similar reasons.

I tried to blow my nose carefully to breathe and there was pressure and bleeding and that plus pain triggered me. I even mention it in my recovery post:  http://leopardwolf.livejournal.com/2013/04/23

Glad I actually write this stuff down somewhere. I am a little worried to blow my nose too hard or try and clear it from sinus pressure and wondering if this is going to be a reoccurring thing. Almost afraid to sneeze too. My damn nose keeps tingling like it wants to.

So, free roller coaster ride today, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment