Sunday, November 24, 2013

Lh-who?

Very aggravated that some popular artists are using names nearly *identical* to my own distinctly special soul name that I have used for years upon years, and finding that is has likely repeatedly caused confusion. Especially since one of them has a character that started off very similar to my soulself ( wolf, feline, draconic ). Seems they became more active under those alias after Hurricane Katrina, in the time that I was not online for a long while.

I had someone see my name recently, think I was the uber artist and go OMG WOW UR SO AWESOME and I had no clue what it was about, and upon trying to clarify, when they realized I wasn't that person they lost interest. Which feels pretty shitty, let me tell you. Me and my art cannot compare to theirs.
Way back in the early days when I first started going by that name, I actually did web searches to be sure there wasn't any combination of the letters showing up for any popular things or other artists, so mine would be unique to me if it was something of spiritual nature I would identify myself with.

Now multiple people are using altered versions to identify themselves, and there is something about the name related to LotR?  UGH. Just very... frustrating.

Is nothing sacred anymore?  Of course not. There is no such thing as originality anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment