Friday, October 5, 2012

Busy me is busy

I have been soooooo busy over the last week, between dog training geekery, processing the video and images from the iron pour and pictures from clay studio, doing art stuff for upcoming shows and holiday sales, writing needed content for different things, researching and reading on other stuff, juggling job search crap and workforce shoving mandatory stuff at me, oi vey!

Not enough time in the day.  Or the night. Or any of the hours between.

My poor thumb and index finger on my right hand have been split open for over a week now in different places. When the weather changes this time of year this happens to my hands and feet because it is so dry here, and no amount of lotion or moisturizers I use seem to help ( possibly a side effect of my other medical stuff ). Constantly using my hands for art stuff, especially the wet clay stuff has been rather painful. I have tried doctoring it up with bandages and pain relief Neosporin since the tears are so tender, but they just keep splitting open. Since liquid bandage does nothing and wears off too easy,  as a last resort I am going to clean them out real good with disinfectant, and then superglue the damned things and see how long that lasts.

Wish we had a fireplace to snuggle in front of with some coffee or cocoa, listen to the soft crackles as the smokey scent drifts, mind drifting watching the dancing flames and glowing embers. I guess I'll just have to settle for a candle.  The cooler weather is finally coming back, and it feels sooooooo goood, since I overheat so easily these days, stupid broken body.  I think I am one of the only people left in Minnesota still running around in shorts.  The wind here makes it feels so much colder than it actually is.

The video from the iron pour came out better than I expected. I kept one version full length, only editing out very minor things ( like people obliviously standing right in front of me and the video recorder, or the one instance where someone ran into me, Ember *and* the tripod and nearly sent everything crashing to the ground - thank Gaia my reflexes were good that night ).

Full length still turned out to be about 50mins long. So I took that and made a condensed version that is about 12mins long, showing the highlights of the evening. I also made a separate video of some footage I got of the band playing throughout the evening and closer to the end of the event, before I ran out of tape.

I plan to post these videos and pictures of the iron pour, and pictures of clay stuff sometime tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment