Monday, October 1, 2012

Art And Dog Geekery

Had an exciting end of the week, with more overflow of awesome going into the weekend.  Thursday was pottery class, and our attempts to save my dried out mishaps by rewetting seems to have worked! At least it worked well enough that I was able to somewhat trim and shape and not utterly destroy the pots.  Now I just need to keep my fingers crossed that they survive the bisk fire without cracking, and then I can glaze and finish them off.

Saturday was amazingly fun because it was the day of the Zumbrota Iron Pour and live concert offered by Savage Aural Hotbed to compliment the blazing festivities. I got to design a sand cast of my logo, and later in the evening it was among many that had molten iron poured upon it. The metal came from recycled parts from the old city theater building. How awesome is that, to have a part of art history to call my very own?  I go to pick up the finished piece tomorrow.

I have a ton of pictures from the fun art stuff and some video to process, and hope to have stuff posted over the next few days.

Sunday I spent almost the entire day getting my dog geekery on. I audited several different classes held by an amazing local trainer who I plan to apprentice under.  I am so overjoyed with this opportunity, I'm afraid I may have reached levels of blathering idiocy at points. It's just *so wonderful* to discuss psychological, behavioral animal stuff with someone and not have their eyes glaze over. Thanks again Sara!

Also played a fun new game. It involved a slinky. It was confirmed that I make a good animal and can be clicker trained. Also, slinky.

No comments:

Post a Comment