Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Melted Puddles

The last month or so has not been pleasant because our AC unit was progressively working less and less.  All this time I thought it was just me, since I overheat so easily.  It's probably the main reason I kept getting so sick on and off. But these past few days it totally stopped working and we had to have the repair people out to service the unit. I was melting into puddles of sad Lhunie-ness and living in front of my tower fan on high.  It was as hot inside as it was outside, somewhere around 83F. Thankfully it is all better now and back to icebox comfortable and I am already starting to feel better.

Speaking of melted puddles.  Ceramics!  I have successfully fired two glaze loads in my kiln, woo!  I waited till after the AC was fixed to start up the second glaze load, since the kiln maxes out around 2,220F for the firing runs I do. We didn't want to add to the miserable heat from the AC not working.

I am all excited about upcoming ceramics projects and other hot art plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment