Monday, June 8, 2015

Checking In / Memorials

I wanted to take a few minutes to thank everyone for their patience the past few months and for the happy birthday wishes recently. I went through a few spells of being really sick with flareups and migraines, then my wrist tendon issues deciding to get snarky, making it difficult for me to create as much as I wanted to and get pictures taken, processed, and posted. May was filled with good and sad, my birthday month and springtime inspiration everywhere.  But also a year since my grandfather passed away. Recently the world also lost a beautiful soul to cancer. We all knew she wouldn't be with us as long as we hoped. But we all hoped it'd be as long as possible.

Teresa was a wonderful woman, who changed the lives of so many people and animals for the better, and then some. I will never forget that day I walked in to Rochester PetSmart and ran into her for the first time.  I was looking for information about getting involved with local animal rescues since we had recently moved to Minnesota. Her warm and infectious smile which turned into a huge grin as she said "You've come to the right place". She introduced me to Camp Companion and told me all about the rescue group and their efforts. Through Teresa I met so many wonderful people and formed so many friendships. I have worked with many rescue groups over the years, but Camp Companion is special, more than a rescue group - we're a family. Michele and Teresa, and so many others, have made Camp Companion a beautiful example of what animal rescue with strong community involvement really should be. Teresa even talked me into taking the plunge to adopt Raven after my little Smokey cat passed away.  I will be eternally grateful for knowing Teresa and all the love and optimism she shared with all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment